Saturday 17 September 2011

Goodbye Teenage Years

I have to say, nineteen was a good year.  A really good year.  It shaped me in numerous ways.  It was an adventure into personally experiencing how God provides, His faithfulness to me, who He is as a Father, and so much more.  It's by far my favorite year yet (though 17 comes in a close second).

Today was a good day for a birthday.  After picking up my sister at the Sac airport coming home from Israel, making a side trip to Fort Bragg, and arriving home at around eleven-ish last night, I worked for my dad into the wee hours of the morning (5 am, to be exact).  We got home, I went straight to bed, and woke up at 2 in the afternoon after the much needed sleep.  Then after I took a shower, I went back to my dad's shop to help him more.  My sister and I then proceeded to visit my grandma - my sister showed her pictures from Israel and Switzerland, and I got a card and present from her (my grandma).  Then we headed over to a (I believe) recently-opened locally owned burger joint, with the meal generously bought for us by my older brother.  The three of us headed home and began to watch Get Smart.  Now I have to make my bed, get to sleep, wake up at six and go help my dad more.

It has been wonderful.  Basically like another day in my life.  No out-of-the-way efforts, no set-aside hours of all attention focused on me, just another ordinary day...exactly how I like it.  Not only that, but I found out that my sister came back when she did for me.  She informed me that she could have stayed another week, but scheduled her arrival back in the states when she did for my birthday.  AND the present she gave me was a hand-made decent-sized handbag from Jerusalem, and as she gave it to me, she sang the first part of the Relient K song "Must Have Done Something Right."  (Lines that I often quote to her).  It was wonderful.  Also, my older brother who lives out of state took time to stop working for a little bit and call me.  I love hearing from him.  This day would have been perfect if he was here.  Someday in the future, hopefully. :)

I hope this year will be a continuation of the last.  More revelations from God, learning to hear His voice more distinctly, continuing to be in His will, learning to see with His eyes, love with His heart, and so much more.  I definitely plan on continuing to increase my knowledge in all areas of life that are good and worthwhile, as well as learning the [sometimes harsh] life-lessons that come with living longer.  Most importantly, to continue to discover who I am in Christ, to change for the better, and to live completely surrendered to Him.

Father, help me. <3

2 comments:

Your thoughts are appreciated. But...keep it clean. :)