Sunday 2 December 2012

Winter Weather

As Autumn comes to a close, it brings the entrance of Winter.  While because of where where I live snow is not included in this season, darkness is.  Partly because the days are much shorter, but also because rain falls very often.

If you're where I am (in regards to the state of mentality), the weather can be a factor in your mood.  If it's sunny, happiness is easier to reach.  If it's dark and stormy, it's hard to find any kind of enthusiasm for, well, anything.  

The weather complicates things for me, because if it's dark and rainy and cloudy and all kinds of "miserable" weather like that, my mental state is greatly affected; yet on the other hand, I dearly love the rain.  I also love the sunshine.  But sunshine isn't very common during this season.

So.  I've discovered a semi-decent solution.  Go outside.  I'm inside most of the time.  The only time I'm outside is when I'm going from one building to another.  No matter.  Despite if it's raining outside or not, if I go outside where there's some kind of natural light that I can be in (the window in my room that permits the outside like to come in doesn't count), it helps.  Not for long, obviously, since it is almost always too wet to sit anywhere.  The little difference of being outside, regardless of clouds, actually helps.

And a little bit goes a long ways, which helps.  Right?  Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. But...keep it clean. :)