Wednesday 1 January 2014

Another Year Ends

The end of another year. Finally. Most of the time, time seems to go by too fast. And while that is more or less the case for this year, I can honestly say that it didn't go by soon enough.

I have a pretty good memory, so believe me when I say I can't recall ever having a year as bad as this past on was in my life.  2013 started out terribly and continued that way with one bad thing after another.  Ugh. 

Don't get me wrong, and to be cliche, I'm going to say that yes, every cloud has a silver lining.  Sure, some good things happened.  And I'm not trying to dismiss those.  But while some good happened, it seemed as if the majority of what happened was awful.

I won't mention specifics, because I don't want to dwell on the bad.  But seriously, worst year ever.  I'm not going to have exceedingly high expectations for this coming year, but I *do* expect it to be better.

I don't like to sit down and make a list of goals for the coming year, because doing that when I was younger kind of killed the [good] effect it was supposed to have.  But I do have general things I want to keep in mind and accomplish this coming year.  The biggest, I suppose, is to try to regain focus and, above all else, surrender all to Christ on a daily basis. Surrender, trust, glorify.

I write this on an airplane, travelling with my brother to Norway, where we will be to welcome this new year. It's a nice ending to a rather disposable year.  I hope the end is better than the beginning for us all.

And I warmly welcome 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. But...keep it clean. :)