Thursday 28 July 2011

The One-Year Mark

It's always been fascinating to me to see how time brings change; looking back and seeing how far I've come, how much people I know have changed, even places where the scenery is different.  One thing that I appreciate so much about being able to look back and ponder the wonders of change, is seeing how far I've come from where I once was; yet looking forward to the growth that I still have to achieve.

Exactly a year ago today, I made a decision which, unbeknownst to me, would change my life in a huge and unexpected way.  A year ago today, I traveled down to the Mendocino Coast to start my one and a half months of volunteering at the Lord's Land.  It's amazing to think and see what happened because of that one tiny, irrelevant [at the time] choice.

It was that single choice that ended up setting off a chain of events in my life.  Because of my presence down in Mendo, I was then surrounded by people who have true, genuine hearts for God and love for others.  They were an encouragement to me.  It was also there that I made the decision to attend the DTS that was taking place; a decision that was based on the undeniable truth that God was calling me to go there - and it was the first time in my life that I was sure that I knew He was calling me to do something.  And because of that decision, I then was able to know God like I've never known Him before, I was delivered from depression, cutting, and rebellion, and I had a chance to travel to the other side of the world and experience different cultures, as well as see how God is working in those places.

Suffice to say, it's been an amazing one year.  The fact that one decision can change the entire direction of someone's life is... phenomenal.  Being a Christian all my life has its merit, but the fact that I didn't truly know most things with my heart can show that I still had (and have) so much to learn.  Which I am looking forward to.  All I can say is that I am so incredibly grateful to God, and for oh-so-slightly nudging me in the direction of volunteering at the Land.

My Father knows what He is doing.
And I am so blessed to be saved by grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. But...keep it clean. :)