Saturday 4 August 2012

Fail-safe Mode: Emotional Shutdown & Abounding Maybes

So maybe I don't know how to deal with grief.  Maybe I'm sick of emotions.  Maybe I'm scared to dream and scared to allow myself to love and be loved.  Maybe I don't want to live with this broken heart for the rest of my life [even though it's inevitable].  Maybe after having not cut for over a year, I am back to day one.  Maybe I can't handle stress and pressure when it comes from family members.  Maybe I'm pushing Jesus away. Maybe I'm pushing everyone away, because I just can't take it anymore.

Despite it all, I will do what must be done.  I will break contact with people; no, not to be dramatic or try to gain attention, but because at the moment, it's what's best for me.  And for them.  I'm not safe to be around, currently.  I won't be for a while, I imagine.  I just need to sort things (everything) out.  My emotions are currently shut down, in fail-safe mode, because I can't handle them.  I can't really handle much of anything.  Not that I mind.  It's nice to be dead to things for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. But...keep it clean. :)